Finally, a complete kit of parts to convert your Vanagon to a smooth, powerful, and more reliable Subaru powerplant. This kit is a matched and proven set of parts that takes the worry out of building a Subaru powered Vanagon. No scouring the internet, fabricating parts, and worrying about whether muffler “A” will fit with bracket “B”. You will be rewarded with a finished conversion that looks and drives better than the original in every way - like it came from the VW-Subaru factory!
The kit is compatible and designed specifically for a 1990-1999 Non-Drive-By-Wire EJ22 or EJ25 Subaru Motor that is rebuilt and includes all peripherals to allow for either a professional installation or the advanced DIYer.
- SCP’s 5QT Oil Pan
- SCP’s Bellhousing
- Stage 2 Clutch Kit for SCP’s Bellhousing
- SCP’s Engine Carrier Mount
- Accelerator Cable Kit
- Intake Hose Kit OR Complete Air Intake Assembly
- Intake Hose Kit: Basic kit with the minimum parts to hook up a stock Subaru airbox.
- Complete Air Intake Assembly: A complete air intake assembly that gives a clean look while maintaining performance.
- Flexible Dipstick Kit
- Engine Mounts (Inner & Outer)
- Subaru Starter
- Flywheel Kit
- Skid Plate Extension
- Reversed Coolant Manifold & Heater Pipe
- Coolant Hose Kit
- Coolant Reservoir Bracket
- Hall Effect Speed Sensor Kit
- Interface Board OR Interface Board Deluxe
- Interface Board: Kills the majority of trouble codes your ECU will throw from missing components.
- Interface Board Delixe: Kills the majority of trouble codes, allows for coolant temperature gauge adjustment, contains a neutral switch circuit, and corrects the Subaru tach signal to work with the Vanagon tachometer.
- Oxygen Sensors
- SCP’s Stainless-Steel Header
- Header Gaskets
The following parts may be necesary to finish your conversion but are not included in the conversion kit. Please give the following a read to determine what additional parts you may need.
Stainless Steel Coolant Pipes: Early watercooled Vanagons (pre-1986) came with metal coolant pipes that run from the egnine to the radiator. Over time these pipes rust and should be replaced. If yours are in good shape then no need to replace. Late Vanagons (post-1985) came with plastic coolant pipes that almost always fail. These plastic pipes must be replaced.
Stainless Steel Exhaust with Metallic Catalytic Converter (Two Oxygen Sensor Ports): This exhaust kit takes care of your exhaust after the headers that are included in the conversion kit. You'll recieve everything you need to finish your exhaust system. Click the link for more details.
Power Steering Pressure Hose: You'll need a power steering hose in order to connect the Subaru power steering pump to the Vanagon power steering lines. We offer a standard Power Steering Hose and a Quiet Power Steering Hose. The quiet hose is offered as the Subaru power steering pump tends to be louder than the origonal Vanagon pump.
Tachometer Faceplate Upgrade: Once you have modified your tach signal to work with your Vanagon tachometer you will need to update the faceplate in order to get an accurate reading. We have 7K and 8K faceplates available in black and white.
Wiring Harness Modification: Small Car Performance provides multiple options for your Subaru to Vanagon harness.
- Small Car Performance Manufactured Harness: This harness will work for post-2005 Subaru drive-by-wire conversions. Click the link for more details.
- Complete Wiring Harness Modification: We'll modify your harness for you. Click the link for more information then fill out the form below if you'd like to proceed.
- DIY Harness Modification Kit: We offer this kit for those that wish to modify their Subaru harness themselves. You'll recieve complete instructions to create a harness that connects right into your converted Vanagon.
Please note: While many orders ship within 48 hours, this item may require up to 15 days to process from your order date. If we cannot ship within 15 days, we will inform you by email or phone. For this item, which ships in more than one box, we will ship a partial order unless you specify otherwise.