Are you an expereinced DIYer? Do you have persistence and dozens of hours of extra time to devote to modifying a Subaru wiring harness? Yes? Keep reading...
This kit is a vehicle specific guide - not a step-by-step manual - that will require removing, splicing, and adding connections and wires so that a Subaru "bulkhead" wiring harness will operate the necessary functions of a Vanagon.
Also available is the Interface Board (linked below) for OBDII engines to help eliminate seven common fault codes.
The Wiring Kit Includes the Following:
- Identification of needed connectors in the harness
- Pinout for the ECU with normal voltages and wire colors
- Pre-printed labels for ECU connectors
- Identification of unneeded wires to cut and tape off
- Wire labels and instructions for connecting to the vehicle
- Original Subaru wiring diagram for year and model requested
- General instructions
- 1983-1991 Vanagons
- All other vehicles refer to your specific vehicle’s wiring diagram
This Kit is for the following US Models:
- Baja 2.5L: 2003-2006
- Baja Turbo: 2004-2006
- Forester 2.5L: 1998-2008
- Forester Turbo: 2004
- Impreza 2.2L: 1995-2001
- Impreza 2.5L: 1998-2007
- Legacy 2.2L: 1990-1999
- Legacy 2.5L: 1996-2004
- Legacy & Outback 3.0L: 2001-2004
- STI: 2004
- SVX 3.3L: 1992-1996
- WRX: 2002-2005
Please Note: These kits cannot be returned or exchanged. Make sure to provide the correct year and model of your harness and ECU when ordering.