SCP Harness Modification Services Explained:
Small Car has been at the forefront of Subaru conversions for over 20 years, we offer harness modification services to customers with complete bulkheads harnesses from his or her respective donor car
4EAT Harness Modification Includes:
- The modification of customer supplied bulkhead harness, and transmission harness
- Harness modifications for immobilizor enabled Subaru cars can require an engine harness modification as well.
- A basic functionality test: checking for correct engine management functions (including variable valve timing), main and fuel pump relay operation, the elimination of the Immobilizer, and for utilizing SCP’s Speed Sensor (unless noted otherwise).
- Clearly marked wires – including the alternator and A/C (if applicable).
Please Keep in Mind:
- We recommend that the electronic pedal in Drive-by-wire systems be mounted near the engine so the wire length to that sensor is suitable for that location. Any change to this location from our modification voids any technical support.
- All harnesses are rebuilt to allow the ECU to be placed in the stock location ('86-'90) under the rear seat. It also can be installed in the same location for earlier (‘80-’85) Vanagons.
- All 1986-1990 Vanagons will need a modified tachometer.
- Please note that some codes, for example with automatic transmission harnesses, may still be present - we make no guarentees for 4EAT harnesses at this time.
- OBD2 harnesses include our interface board to help eliminate seven fault codes common on Subaru Vanagon conversion.
Ready to modify?
- Fill out and return your Wiring Harness Modification Form – please pay careful attention to all the items that must be included when you send us your harness(es).
- Please allow up to four weeks after we receive your harness for completion. A harness received without an ECU will have the arrival date deferred to the date the ECU arrives.
Any partly modified harness requests are handled on a case-by-case basis.