All Westy owners have their fair share of not-so-great experiences wrestling with the original factory Dometic fridge. You set up camp, fire up the fridge on propane, and set off exploring. Returning from your adventure hours later, you discover the pilot light has gone out, your “cold” beverages are warm, and even worse, spoiled food.
The Truckfridge TF49 AC/DC is the perfect 21st century replacement. Gone is the propane power! It’s a completely electric unit. It can operate off your 12V auxiliary battery system (DC) when your boondocking. Or connected to shore power (AC) when you’re at a campground or your in-laws. The best part, it’s a perfect fit in a Vanagon.
- Built-in, silent, highly efficient, fan cooled 12vDC SECOP compressor
- Forced air fin and tube condenser for optimal performance
- Automatic switching from AC/DC operation
- Adjustable electromechanical temperature control
- Built-in low voltage cut-out and overvoltage protection
- Insulation is high density, CFC-free polyurethane foam
- Fridge liner is made from thermoformed plastic for easy clean up
- Replaceable gloss black door panel and reversible door hinge location
- Door latch and magnetic seal keep cool air where it belongs – inside the fridge
- Interior LED light for those late-night fridge expeditions
- Average consumption: 40 amps/24hrs at 75° F ambient with an internal temperature of 36° F
- Two Year Warranty on the cooling system, fan, and electrical components
- One year warranty on the interior body and trim
- Volume: 1.73 ft3 / 49L
- Dimensions: 20.5” (H) x 15” (W) x 18.5” (D)
- Power Consumption (W/24 hr.): 278
- Weight: 37 lbs.