Our Space Saver Spare tire and wheel pairs our 16" steel wheel which clears upgraded brakes with an Nokian One tire (205/60 R16). This combination will fit in the stock Vanagon clamshell and is a good solution for Vanagon owners running larger wheels and tires but still want to carry their spare in the factory location.
Please keep in mind that Syncros will need to be fitted with a decoupler when using this smaller spare. We also recommend removing the hoops that are built into the clamshell storage area to accommodate this type of spare.
Steel Wheel Features & Specifications:
- 16" x 6.5" with a 41mm offset
- Wheel Weight: 25.4lbs
- Heavy duty 4 to 4.5mm thick material
- Uses a taper seat lug or bolt like the factory alloy wheels
- Black powder coated finish
The Nokian One a premium all season tire for the Vanagon. Know for their safety, durability, and sustainability, Nokian doesn’t only develop tires that last for thousands of miles, they craft tires that perform in the moments when you need them the most. The Nokian One is your go-to all season tire to perform in wet, hot, or even light snowy roads.
- Comfort Base Compound: makes for smooth and quiet ride.
- Polished Grooves: effectively and quickly remove water and road debris from the tire.
- Silent Sidewall Technology: reduces noise, making driving more stable and comfortable
- Silent Groove Design: reduces air resistance and cools the surface of the tire, in turn improving wear resistance.
- Driving Safety Indicator (DSI): is a weardown indicator that indicates the remaining tread depth in millimeters.
- Low Rolling Resistance: the lower the rolling resistance, the less energy is lost and less fuel needed.
Nokian One 205/60 R16 XL
- Lug Nuts (linked below)
- Lug Bolts (linked below)