This Harness and ECU modification is for the following Subaru engines:
- 2.2L & 2.5L Normally Aspirated: Early to 2004
Harness Modification Includes:
- The modification of customer supplied BULKHEAD HARNESS and ECU.
- A basic functionality test: checking for correct engine management functions (including variable valve timing), main and fuel pump relay operation, the elimination of the Immobilizer, and for utilizing SCP’s Speed Sensor (unless noted otherwise).
- Clearly marked wires – including the alternator and A/C (if applicable).
Please Keep in Mind:
- We recommend that the electronic pedal be mounted near the engine so the wire length to that sensor is suitable for that location.
- All harnesses are rebuilt to allow the ECU to be placed in the stock location ('86-'90) under the rear seat. It also can be installed in the same location for earlier (‘80-’85) Vanagons.
- All 1986-1990 Vanagons will need a modified tachometer.
- Please note that some codes, for example with automatic transmission harnesses, may still be present - although they do NOT affect engine performance or operation.
- OBD2 harnesses include our interface board to help eliminate seven fault codes common on Subaru Vanagon conversion.
Ready to modify?
- Fill out and return your Wiring Harness Modification Form – please pay careful attention to all the items that must be included when you send us your harness(es).
- Please allow up to four weeks after we receive your harness for completion. A harness received without an ECU will have the arrival date deferred to the date the ECU arrives.
We regret that we can no longer accept harnesses that have already been partly modified by someone else.