This oil pan is also perfect for Type 2 Buses and sand buggies using the Subaru 4 cylinder engine.
- Thickwall alloy aluminum for handling the worst driving conditions
- 5 quarts oil capacity
- Shaped bottom for superior oil scavenging
- Finned exterior for heat dissipation
- Screened oil pickup
- Stainless bolts with aluminum washers
- Comes with o-rings for the oil pickup and for the stock or Small Car's Flexible Dipstick
- 4 5/16" total height saves over 2 inches when compared to the stock Subaru oil pan
- 1990 and newer 4 cylinder
- 2010-2012 Legacy 2.5L (please call for details!!)
- Available soon for FB20 and FB25 engines!
Here are some photos taken during the testing of the aluminum oil pan.
Here we installed an aluminum pan on a 1989 Syncro then raised up the back end of the Van with the jack on the oil pan. There was no damage at all afterwards. Try this yourself at your own risk! We cannot verify that every pan will hold up to these kinds of stress tests - they are oil pans after all!
We decided there was too much contact area so we took a 1 1/2" diameter piece of metal and put it between the jack plate and the pan. There was still no damage.
Still wanting to break something, we put the oil pan in the hydraulic press and put over 8 tons of force on it. The pan split at about 9 1/2 tons.