The Battery Separator Smart Solenoid Charge Priority System offers...
- Connects to primary battery, auxiliary battery, and ground.
- Absolutely no system modifications are necessary.
- Works with any type of negative ground charging system 100 amps or less.
Multiple Battery Charging
- Allows multiple batteries to be charged from one power source (usually but not necessarily an alternator).
- When the batteries are not being charged the Battery Separator separates or isolates the batteries.
- Separator waits until the battery connected to the active charging source reaches 13.2V before paralleling and charging the remaining batteries.
- System disconnects at 12.8V.
Prevents System Overload
- If the current requirements are greater than the charging source can produce, the Battery Separator will automatically separate the batteries, thus directing all available charge current to the battery directly connected to the charging source.
- The system will then reset and re-try charging the main battery.
- A time delay prevents false switching.
Start Assist Feature
- An optional input from the key switch or a manual switch will program the Battery Separator to parallel the batteries during starting.
- This feature will only engage if the auxiliary battery has sufficient power available to assist in starting.
- Universally suited for mounting on tow vehicle or towable.
- Model 1314 charge current only goes in one direction from the main battery to auxilliary battery, whichever battery is connected directly to the charge source is considered the main battery.