EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES - WE ARE GROWING - AND HIRING
About Small Car
Small Car Performance is an original equipment manufacturer for the vintage VW aftermarket. The focus is largely on the Vanagon/Bus platform modernizing these cult-classic vehicles. Small Car creates technology to make these cars reliable and fun to help our customers get out and explore the world.
As a business, we have developed a full line of custom parts made from injection molds, 3D printing, aluminum casting, and stamped steel. We have a full-service facility in Fife, WA that allows us to develop new creations for each and every customer. Our customers also include installers all over the world who consider us a leader in the Subaru conversion market. We are also driven to be sustainable as we upcycle/recycle many parts to support the Vanagon community and we maintain a solar array to help offset our energy consumption.
You will be the face of the company for our Subaru conversion and service customers.
At Small Car Performance (SCP), we're working to be the most customer-centric OEM and VW conversion company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to help people experience the world in reliable, fun, and exceptionally unique vehicles—we are that place!
Sales & Customer Success Lead
Summary of Role
- First response to potential customers contacting Small Car through our online inquiry page. Responsible for tracking contacts, answering questions as required, and gathering technical support information as required to build quotes.
- Define and refine sales processes including workorder creation, coordination with procurement team to ensure all products are ready for new conversion and service projects, and ensure seamless coordination between the technician team, procurement, and the customer with respect to scope of project.
Owner of Customer Experience
- On “Vanagon” going home day – responsible for answering questions, accepting final payment and everything to make the pick-up experience amazing.
- Own follow up communication with the customer.
- Manage the detailed van specific pre-delivery process (inspection of van, correction of missing items, level of cleanliness/detail, etc.)
- 3-5 years in a customer service/customer facing role
- Content knowledge of Vanagons a plus!
- Strong organization skills and knowledge of digital tools for managing workflows, tasks, and data.
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Team player. Must love being part of a fun and supportive team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for camping and outdoor lifestyle
- Ability to operate with a degree of ambiguity and the ability to self-manage
Summary of Role
As a Procurement Lead for the SCP, you will own the site's procurement operation responsibilities, including forecasting, inventory management, purchase order management and vendor management of 3rd party service providers. You will lead supplier management KPI and metrics reporting, and work with stakeholders to find and understand deviation and improvement areas. You will provide procurement leadership and align with the building leadership team to drive efficiencies and improvements at the site(s).
- In partnership with the Ownership Team, provide procurement operations support for the fulfillment center, including: forecasting of non-inventory products, inventory management, non-inventory flow and space models, cycle counts, supplier management, procurement transaction and expediting support
- Develop relationship across the conversion/service center and e-commerce team to ensure best practices are being shared and implemented
- Align with conversion/service team, finance, and ownership team to build budgetary targets to develop methods of measuring and defining savings, value and other category metrics
- Measure actual vs planned savings; as savings trends are identified, own action plans to meet goals and develop solutions
- Work in partnership both internally and with suppliers to develop innovative solutions to provide drive strong procurement practices
- Develop and implement ways to measure suppliers to drive continuous performance improvement on behalf of SCP
- Coordinate the demand identification, procurement, and inventory management of all non-merchandise items required for building operation. This includes corrugate, packing materials, labor and janitorial services, etc.
- Partner with product management (ownership) team to manage and maintain supplier scorecards.
- Partner with AP, suppliers and various internal teams to ensure timely resolution of vendor payment issues
Work is done in a warehouse environment that requires frequent walking around the building. You should feel comfortable working in an environment with varying temperatures as many buildings have dock doors that open throughout shifts.
Pay will be commensurate w/ experience. 40 hours per week, full time, W2. Benefits and PTO are part of the package.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org