Home/Automatic accelerator cable instructions
Accelerator Installation Instructions: Automatic Transmission
- Install the provided bracket onto the side of the Vanagon automatic transmission.
- Insert the original Subaru cable housing into the square opening in the bracket.
- If your Subaru cable is the round type, it can be trimmed to fit in the opening.
- The other end attaches to the left attachment point on the throttle body just like a stock Subaru.
- Insert the provided cable with the barrel end at the engine and attach the other end to the lever on the transmission using the original Vanagon barrel nut and set for full throttle.
- The throttle, when properly adjusted, should make the transmission shift down when pushed completely to the floor. (See the Bentley repair manual for complete instructions).